Welcome International Students!
We invite you to explore our website as you take the first steps in studying in the U.S. South Texas College proudly offers 114 certificate and degree programs including bachelor's degrees. We are affordable and our international tuition rate is competitive. With a degree from South Texas College you can transfer to the university to complete a 4-year degree in the U.S. or even earn a master degree.
This is your resource page as we want to be your college of choice. We are located in the Rio Grande Valley region of Texas and our largest campus is located in McAllen just minutes from the international border from Mexico and just over 2-hours from Monterrey, Mexico. There are accessible flights offered from the McAllen airport to cities such as Mexico City and San Luis Potosí. Visit http://www.exploremcallen.com/ to see the excitement our city has to offer!
To begin your journey to study in the U.S. the first step is to apply! Click on the link below to start your application for admission.
We also recommend that you schedule your TOEFL exam during the application process. Visit the TOEFL test website to schedule the test in your home country at www.ets.org/toefl. Passing scores are 500 for the written test and 61 for the internet based test in order to start in college-level coursework.
If your score is below passing, you can still be accepted to the college will need to take an additional Texas Success Initiative Assessment test prior to course registration. These scores will be used to place you in the appropriate developmental coursework as you begin your studies.
You will also need to submit the following documents to the Admissions Office either by mail or scanned email attachments:
- Immunization records or health card.
- Complete, official transcript(s) from highest level of education (high school or all colleges and universities attended); the transcript(s) must be in English, or translated to English, and evaluated by one of the approved International Credential Evaluators.
- Affidavit of Support from the student's sponsor, parent(s) or guardian, which must be signed and notarized, guaranteeing the student's ability to pay expenses, such as tuition and fees.
- Financial Statement from a bank or other financial entity, documenting availability of funds.
- Proof of Medical and Hospitalization Insurance
- I-901Form Receipt, which requires a processing fee.
We are here to help you as you begin! Please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are ready to begin and we will help you step-by-step from application, your visa interview and your arrival to campus.
After completing and submitting all of the above-referenced documents, STC will prepare an I-20 Form and mail it to the student, along with an Acceptance Letter. Then, the student must take the I-20 Form, Acceptance Letter, I-901 Form Receipt and Affidavit of Support to the nearest United States Embassy to obtain an F-1 Student Visa. After the student has received the F-1 Student Visa and entered the United States, they must submit copies of additional documents, as follows:
Note: Please submit the above-referenced documents to:
Office of Admissions and Records
Coordinator of Admissions
P. O. Box 9701, McAllen, TX 78502