Welcome to Academic Advising
Academic advising plays a major role in student success at South Texas College. Students can expect their academic advisor to provide one-on-one advisement that will provide consistency and a sense of connection to South Texas College. The Academic Advisors are well-trained staff that appraises the academic abilities and background of incoming freshmen. The advisors work with students to define and develop realistic goals. Through this process, they help students recognize their abilities and interests to identify and match student to available resources that may be useful their journey to be successful. All students are encouraged to meet with their advisor on a regular basis to monitor their progress toward their educational goals. This advisement process will provide the foundation for students to pursue their educational and life goals. The Advising Department is committed to:
- Assisting students in developing an educational plan that is consistent with their life goals.
- Providing students with accurate information regarding their academic progress and degree requirements.
- Helping students access campus resources that enhance their ability to be academically successful.
- Providing clear and accurate information regarding institutional policies and procedures.
- Referring students to appropriate resources, on and off campus.
This website is designed to provide easy access to valuable information needed to promote student success at South Texas College.