Attention Mission Residents:
- Have you been a Permanent Resident of the City of Mission, Texas for at least 2 or more consecutive years?
- Have you earned a high school diploma or GED?
- Do you plan to further your education by obtaining a Certificate, Associate, or Bachelors degree?
If you answered yes to these questions you might be eligible for a scholarship offered by MEDA (Mission Economic Development Authority) in partnership with STC (South Texas College). This scholarship is specific to permanent residents of the City of Mission. The MEDA scholarship is available for full or part-time students. (Full time is considered 12 credit hours and part-time is 6 credit hours)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Legal permanent residents must provide copy of Permanent Residency Card
- Must be a permanent resident of Mission, TX
- Merit and need based scholarships available
- Must have earned 12 credit hours prior to applying for the MEDA scholarship
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- 2.5 GPA must be maintained at the end of each semester,
- Must not drop, withdrawal, or fail courses
- Available for undergraduate students
- Must complete a 2013-14 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Applying early may increase your chances of receiving this scholarship
- For more information visit the Student Financial Services Office at a campus near you.
How to apply for the MEDA scholarship:
Please click on the MEDA Scholarship to take you to the application. Once you have completed the application you must submit it to the South Texas College Office of Student Financial Services along with all required documentations. Please NOTE: if your application is incomplete it will not be considered. All scholarship applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee and all committee decisions will be final.
Scholarship Application will open March 18, 2013 and will close on June 28, 2013.
Please note: we will be contacting you via your STC email. You may also log in to your JagNet account to check the status of your application; log in to JagNet and follow these steps:
- Click on Student Services link
- Click on Student & Financial Aid link
- Click on Eligibility link