Providing Academic Support to Students
P.A.S.S. seeks to assist students in completing their educational goals by providing support and services to those in Career & Technical Education programs. P.A.S.S. provides holistic, effective, and accessible advisement by enhancing the connection between the student and college.
We assist Career & Technical Education students with:
- Intensive Case Management
- Resource and Referral
- Career/Academic Advising
- Childcare Assistance
- Enrichment Workshops
- Textbook Assistance
- Study Skill Improvement
How do you qualify for P.A.S.S.?
- You need to be in a Career & Technical Education Program (associate of applied science/certificate)
- 2.5 GPA or higher (2.7 GPA or higher for Child Care)
- Must submit P.A.S.S. application every semester to qualify
- All classes must pertain to the degree plan being followed
- Full time status is necessary for Child Care Assistance (12 hours)
- First time students must take and assessment test at the P.A.S.S. office
- Must submit an SAR (student aid report) with the Application
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Location: Technology Campus
3700 W. Military Hwy, Bldg. B181
P.A.S.S. Program will not accept incomplete applications. Applications must be accompanied with a copy of the class schedule and Student Aid Report Form (SAR) from Financial Aid (if receiving financial aid).
- Student seeking textbook assistance and or childcare services for the first time.
- First time applicant must take an assessment test (Elassi) at the PASS office in Tech B-181. (Failure to do so, application will not be processed).
- Student has submitted a first-time application (Has taken the Elassi Assessment) and there after a re-application for every semester as needed for services in the form of textbook assistance and or childcare.
- If student has applied for services in previous semester but has not done so for a year, student must submit a first time application again and retake the assessment test (Elassi) in Tech B-181 (Failure to do so, application will not be processed).
October 3 - October 28, 2016
Summer I / II / III 2017:
March 20 - April 21, 2017
June 12 - July 7, 2017
- First come, first served
- Must have a 2.5 GPA
- Must have a current semester schedule
- Must have textbook title and textbook edition
- Must bring picture ID
Summer I / III 2017
- Career & Technical Majors: June 6, 2017
- All Other Majors: June 7, 2017
Summer II 2017
- Career & Technical Majors: July 11 , 2017
- All Other Majors: July 12, 2017
- Career & Technical Majors: August 30 , 2017
- All Other Majors: August 31, 2017