Conflict Resolution

Informal Complaint Procedure

Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned Counselor who provided the accommodations memo and voice their concerns with the accommodations they have been provided. The student may also meet with the Coordinator of Student Disability Services and/or the Director of Counseling. Counseling and Student Disability Services may be reached at 956-872-2173. If the student is not satisfied with the result, they may file a formal complaint.

Formal Complaint Procedure at South Texas College

A formal complaint may be filed with South Texas College, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities located at the Pecan Campus, Student Services Bldg. K Rm 2.1106, Phone: 956-872-2180, email: or visit

Formal Complaint Procedure Outside of South Texas College

A student may also file a formal complaint at the Office for Civil Rights – Dallas Office – U.S. Department of Education; 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1620, Dallas, Texas 75201-6810; Telephone 214-661-9600; Fax 214-661-9587; TDD 800-877-8339; email:

back to top